Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Click on the link below for the virtual tour...
To schedule a viewing of this property, contact:
Compass Real Estate Group, LLC
354 Pequot Avenue
Southport, CT 06890
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Simple and subtle or outrageous and over the top; here are some houses sure to send a chill down your spine. When it comes to decorating for Halloween, the ominous sky's the limit.
Decorating with PumpkinsNothing says "Fall" and "Halloween" like pumpkins. Whether or not you have the time to sit down and carve faces into every one is up to you. Here are a few homes that feature this style...
"TIME TO USE THE BACK DOOR!"
"CARVING OUT SOME TIME"
Pumpkin decorating is perfect for...
- The procrastinating halloween decorator (nothing like waiting until the last minute to decorate!)
- Families who have small children (who might get spooked by skeletons and fog machines)
- Those who would like to save on their electric bills (by veering away from blow up ghosts and outdoor lighting)
- People who want to keep the decorating elegant (a few pumpkins on the front steps and you're done)
- Double duty decorating (buy your pumpkins closer to Halloween, don't carve, plop them next to a hay bale, and voila!, you are decorated for Thanksgiving as well)
Decorating with Haunted GraveyardsThis takes time and creativity. If you have both, then you're sure to succeed. Some neighborhoods get so into their Halloween decorations, it actually becomes a serious competition! Here are a few faves...
"FROM THE GROUND UP"
"RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU'RE BURRIED HERE"
"JUST ROLL WITH IT"
Graveyard decorating is perfect for...
- Those who have the time and committment (it's not as easy as it looks)
- Creative and/or competitive people (you just might start a neighborhood challenge)
- Families who have children that might like to join in with the decorating
- People who enjoy having trick or treaters (who wouldn't want to go to these houses?)
- Those who don't mind having other people gawk at their house for an entire month
Decorating with Lights
Lighting can be a great way to decorate and an easy way to get noticed on Halloween night. Some people even have synchronized music with their lighting for an extra special treat!
"LIGHT UP THE NIGHT"
"BEHIND CLOSED DOORS"
Light decorating is perfect for...
- People who want to make a statement (these houses don't go unnoticed)
- Those who like to add music to their decorating (adding songs like Thriller and Ghostbusters makes for a fun night of trick or treating)
- Those who don't mind a hefty electric bill (enough said)
Well, that does it. Whether you choose the sophisticated route or plan to go all out, we hope you've been inspired by these spooktacularly decorated homes!
Compass Real Estate Group, LLC
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
The sound of leaves crunching beneath your feet suggests that autumn is fast approaching… and with it comes the unpleasant chore of cleaning the gutters. The task is literally hanging over your head.
Keeping your gutters tidy and free of debris is essential if you want to avoid the repercussions that come with clogged gutters.
Some of those consequences are:
- Water leakage into the house
- Stagnant water, which is a breeding ground for weeds
- Damage to the roof
- The development of water dams
Gutter guard protection devices may be a great alternative, but gutters still need to be examined for cleanings and repairs at least twice a year.
Check your roof!
Even if your house isn’t surrounded by trees; it’s possible that a neighbor’s yard might blow some leaves your way. Add a little rain, and you have a recipe for gutter blockage.
Not your thing?
Give AmeriHome a ring!
AmeriHome Property Management specializes in the management of Residential Real Estate and Condominium Homeowner Associations in